Subject: [Leica] Erwin and the S2; comparison
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:18:12 -0800

I disagree. We don't know what's available to Leica. There were only 3 full
frame sensors: Sony, Nikon and Canon, and it's hard to imagine any of the
three would have given it to Leica.

Also, 3 letters: CCD. A major part of the digital camera R&D is on the post
processing software, and I am referring to getting the best RAW data out of
the sensor, not the JPG engine and Leica's expertise (so far) is on CCD
sensors. It would have taken them a lot longer to get a CMOS team going.

Lastly, the M9 is not meant to be the best digital camera out there, just
the best rangefinder digital camera, and that it succeeds, and arrived much
earlier than most people expected.

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
replies in your msgs. ]