Subject: [Leica] who's going to photograph the lunar eclipse tonight?
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 21:27:39 -0500

I try to shoot every eclipse with my Astro-Physics 155mm f/7 apo refractor
(we astronomers denominate astronomical telescope objectives backwards from
us photographers, giving the aperture and f/ratio rather than the FL and
f/ratio, so photographers would call this a 1085mm f/7) and, this year, the
Leikon D700. So far, the weathercators are right on, with snow clouds
gathered and obscuring the moon, and snow to follow by eclipse time. Small
chance though of an incompletely obscured moon that might make a neat
picture at partial phase and in mid-totality, coppery red thru the high
cloud. And 22 degrees F.

?howard