Subject: [Leica] Kitchen table
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 12:48:05 -0800

Daniel Ridings offered:

> In the past I've often grabbed a snap or two across the kitchen table.
>
> I don't usually convert from color to b/w after the fact. This time I
> was curious how the results would be if I metered like I always do
> (Gossen Digilux) and used the GF1.
>
> http://dlridings.se/blog/2010/12/20/ewa-at-the-table/
>
> I think someone more experienced could pull more out of the RAW
> conversion. I just fiddled in Lightroom.

DANIEL mon ami, my friend,

It's a beautiful moment captured!
The composition, the light is fantastic just as it should be ... "shooting
from the shadow side!" As it illustrates and heightens the total photograph.
Rembrandt would've been proud of you! ;-)

I have no doubt this is a far more powerful ... stronger photograph in B&W!
There isn't any need for colour, simply because it's such a powerful image
to start with you don't need any colours! All they'd do is, nothing more
than distract from the power of the moment shown in B&W!

As far as screwing about with the image anymore than you've done? That can
only be  determined by seeing a print or image on screen! It's beautiful as
is, so don't worry about messing with it any more.

Good on you lad, a real keeper. Oh yeah and I mean yer wife also! ;-)

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Kitchen table)