Subject: [Leica] also for Ted (and other Canadians)
From: matthew at hunt.tc (Matthew Hunt)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 16:07:39 -0000

Now I've done my yearbook pictures ...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/mnsh/scot/Lairg_10/L1010328.jpg.html

this and the next five photos in that gallery show the memorial to memorial
to Sir John MacDonald, first Prime Minister of Canada, who came from
Sutherland.  We saw it during our Easter Holiday there this year, but I've
only recently had time to make the Gallery.  The memorial is on the
north-facing side of a valley.  The Canadian flag is flown there during the
summer, but removed in winter as the winds would shred it.  We met a local
lady there who told us the story.

Best wishes, Matthew
Matthew Hunt
Cottenham, Cambridge, UK