Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Contest
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:45:08 +0100

A fine example of "Denglisch" and a very common error
in German to English translations.

The German verb is "gestalten" - it can mean almost
anything in the way of shape, form, layout, compose,
design, configure, change, create, modify. The
translator obviously took the easy way out and looked
it up in a dictionary - most German to English
dictionaries simply translate it as "to design".

"Images composed beforehand or in the camera, and with
little or no post processing applied, will be rated
higher."

Cheers
Douglas

Message from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Zeiss Contest)