Subject: [Leica] Super Angulon
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:05:53 -0700

I had a SA 3.4 for a few years. Certainly all Henning and the others have
said but it is susceptible to flare wide open. Curiously, it's fine by f4. I
sold mine and bought the 21 f2.8A as I shoot mostly wide open. Another great
lens but with decidedly soft corners which become acceptable at, you guessed
it, f4. So I traded for a 24 f2.8A and it's fine wide open with more than
acceptable corners. I'd like to try a 21 Summilux but no one has offered to
lend me their lens or front the purchase price.

John

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] Super Angulon)
Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Super Angulon)