Subject: [Leica] [Long answer] was Re: Brooklyn Street Scenes
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the LUG)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:26:41 -0500

A few years back i showed a photo that I'd taken in a night club to Mary
Ellen Mark. I thought my shot was Pretty Awesome but Mary Ellen waved it
off. "You should have had an assistant with a light on a pole, right about
here," she said and moved on. "Who on Earth would have an assistant with a
light on a pole?" I thought to myself, believing my photo exactly As Good As
It Needed To Be. And over the years, I've realized that every bit of
criticism she ever gave me was spot on. My photo was okay, at best, but it
could have been better.

So for those Brooklyn shots I had an assistant with a 32 inch Photek
Softlighter II following me around. The flash was fired by Pocket Wizards.

kc