Subject: [Leica] How do you spell Emblepo in Greek?
From: daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:26:42 +0100

I've looked. I can judge this. I have a PhD in Greek.

Sonny's site is perfectly correct.

The only thing missing are the accents and the breathing marks, but
the ancient greeks didn't write them either, so it's no big deal. (We
know, not because we have original manuscripts to show it, but because
we have ancient inscriptions, that is, the original writing in stone).

Sonny uses the inflected for as a title for the site and uses the
dictionary form (first person singular in the present) to define it.

By the way, Peter, you transcribed Sonny's site incorrectly. He
doesn't write "enablepsen", but "eneblepsen", the correct form.

Daniel