Subject: [Leica] Dave's PAW (*) 2010 #50 (to Ric & Philippe)
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:27:07 -0600

>very 3D in HDR
>graphically pleasing!

>Love it too - wondered if it was a composite of some sort too
>Great photo

Ric & Philippe --

Thanks again for your feedback.

For the record, this is picture is neither HDR nor a composite. It is "real"
street scene in the SoHo area of Manhattan.

It is high-contrast but I feel that is a fairly accurate (albeit black &
white) rendition of what I saw that night.

Personally, I'm not a fan of HDR at all. I think that is often used as a
gimmick to mask an otherwise uninteresting picture. I have come to feel that
way about IR photography too (especially the color stuff that is passed off
as IR these days which are really just channel inversion tricks in
Photoshop) -- and this comes from someone that has done his fair share of IR
black & white in the past and still has a freezer full of IR Ektachome film.

Interestingly, Ric, I had other comments that didn't like this picture for
same reason you liked it.

It's all part of the fun. Thanks, again, gents.
.
Dave.

--
2010 PAW Gallery: www.dlkphotography.com/paw