Subject: [Leica] IMG: More from northern Israel
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 11:54:34 -0800

More from northern Israel, with the M8 and 35/1.4 ASPH or the VC 90/3.5.

Tiberias.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/7-North/L1007637.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/7-North/L1007639.jpg.html>

Boat in fog on the Sea of Galilee (Lake Kinneret).
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/7-North/L1007636.jpg.html>

Egret on the shore of the Sea of Galilee.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/7-North/L1007635.jpg.html

The tomb of Moses Maimonides (1135-1204), a major Jewish sage and scholar,
also known as "The Rambam."
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/7-North/L1007622.jpg.html>

Man praying at Maimonides' grave. The divider over the center of the tomb
separates the men's and women's sections, according to Orthodox Jewish
custom.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/7-North/L1007630.jpg.html>

Candles lit in Maimonides' memory, plus something extra.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/7-North/L1007632.jpg.html>

Beit Alpha: The mosaic floor of a 6th century synagogue. Interestingly,
the central panel shows the 12 signs of the Zodiac, and there is Greek as
well as Hebrew lettering.  The third photo is deliberately oversized for
detail.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/7-North/L1007643.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/7-North/L1007644.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/7-North/L1007645_big.jpg.html>

Spring near the mountain where the biblical King Saul was killed in a
battle with the Philistines. We went swimming.  Nice!
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/7-North/L1007648.jpg.html>

Beit She'al:  Roman ruins.  The hill (Tel) behind the Roman city has the
remains of 15 pre-Roman cities, each built upon the ruins of the previous
one.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/7-North/L1007661.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/7-North/L1007660.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/7-North/L1007664.jpg.html>

Jericho (West Bank): As we sped past, we saw a few young men burning what
appeared to be tires by the side of the road.  I missed that shot, and had
to content myself with this.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/7-North/L1007669.jpg.html>

Next stop, Jerusalem!
--Peter