Subject: [Leica] M7 shutter speed problem -- obviously an electronic fault---
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 21:37:43 +0900

I left the batteries out of the M7 overnight and all day, as someone
suggested, but then the same problem happens.  Auto doesn't fire at
all; 1/250th doesn't fire at all; 1/50th fires at 1/8th; 1/30th fires
at 1/8th;1/15th fires at 1s; 1/8th fires at 2s, with the LED counting
down; 1/4 works as Bulb, it even counts up in the LED display; 1/2
works as 1/2; 1s works as 1/1000th; 2s doesn't fire at all; 4s fires
as 1/500; Bulbs works as 2s, counting down the LED.

Looks like something went wrong in the electronics.  It hasn't been in
the rain.  I ran a roll of Fujichrome through it about a week or two
ago.  They all turned out fine.  Looks like the thing just went kaput
a couple of weeks past my buyer's warranty.

I paid 195,000 yen for the M7, used, from a store in Japan.  I suppose
I should send the thing to Leica Tokyo and ask for a diagnosis and
quote.

I'm really disappointed with it right now....

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] M7 shutter speed problem -- obviously an electronic fault---)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] M7 shutter speed problem -- obviously an electronic fault---)