Subject: [Leica] OT rant: No wonder birders are wary of photographers!
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 08:32:22 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

George Lottermoser wrote:

> In fact I doubt you consider your subjects prey.

Exactly!  Partnership is my goal, where the animal allows me to make photos
and the animal derives some benefit from my presence (I don't feed them).
My favorite partnership to date was with this Black-tailed Hare
("jackrabbit") who hopped toward me to get away from another, more
aggressive jackrabbit:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/mammals/lagomorphs/bthare04.html

the jackrabbit hopped to no more than 10' away from me, fully aware of my
presence.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com