Subject: [Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 11:52:06 -0600

Peter,

Earlier this summer I was getting VERY frustrated with slow response
from Lightroom on my Macbook Pro.  I have the 17 inch i7 with 4 gigs of
RAM...I expected it to be VERY fast as this is the fastest Macbook Apple
currently makes.

Anyway I discovered if I was patient and allowed Lightroom to download
and render all of its previews it was fast, but if I did not wait for
all the downloads and rendering to get done then sometimes it was just S
L O W.

My catalogs are all far more than the 9,000 images you are talking about.

I was working completely from an external 500 gig hard drive connected
with a firewire 800 connection.

Good Luck.

Harrison.

Replies: Reply from spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...)