Subject: [Leica] environmental portrait
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the lug)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 09:09:30 -0500

thanks marc -- one of my goals as a photographer is to become a quick
problem solver, which, i've realized doesn't always mean finding something
we think of as traditional "let's find a widow with a neutral background and
i'll shoot it at f 1.4" but, i've discovered over the years, sometimes means
embracing chaos when you can't beat it, or when it's especially chaotic. and
one of the things i love about editorial portraiture is that it's often
trial by fire. you've got ten minutes to produce something. no slouching.