Subject: [Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 21:09:57 +0900

Thanks, Richard,

clearly explained!  So I just ordered matching pairs of 2 GB RAM from
Crucial.

As for the bottleneck being the Ext. HDD, it has USB only, not
firewire, is by Buffalo, and About This Mac tells me:  USB-SATA bridge
465.76 GB, SMART not supported.  That seems like it is SATA then, and
not ESATA, which I guess is better, from what you said.  Maybe I'll
look for an ESATA drive with a large capacity, 2 TB or so, and just
move the contents of the old one onto the new one.  As for a back-up
drive, I have never been organized with that, but the worry is
sometimes at he back of mind.

Cheers, I appreciate your advice!

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...)