Subject: [Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...
From: daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:20:18 +0100

Since we don't know exactly when you bought your Macbook Pro etc, I
went to Apple's site and looked at the oldest one they had listed
(2008) with regards to installing more memory. From what I can read,
it will take 4 gb. It doesn't say anything about only using 3 gb, but
maybe they leave that part out.

---- from apple.com support ---
Your computer has two memory slots that you can access by removing the
battery and bottom case. Your MacBook Pro comes with a minimum of 2
gigabytes (GB) of 1066 MHz Double Data Rate (DDR3) Synchronous Dynamic
Random-Access Memory (SDRAM) installed. Each memory slot can accept an
SDRAM module that meets the following specifications:

Double Data Rate Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Module (DDR3) format
30mm (1.18 inch)
1 GB or 2 GB
204-pin
PC3-8500 DDR3 1066 MHz type RAM
You can add two 2 GB memory modules for a maximum of 4 GB of memory.
For best performance, fill both memory slots and install an identical
memory module in each slot.

---- end of quote ---

I'm not an Apple expert. But that was all I could find. I think I'd
stick with information from Apple. Not that the above is the best info
you can get, but you could get in touch with an Apple dealer close to
you and ask for the facts.

Daniel