Subject: [Leica] Do you currently OWN a Leica?
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 17:56:21 +0000

Charlie,
once I got the M8 that pretty much signed the death warrant for my
darkroom and my film Ms became very under-used indeed.  I tried large
format work, but whilst I had some success, I found it a bit too
frustrating, hence my decision to go completely digital.  I used to
really enjoy the darkroom and I did get quite good at it, though the
intricacies of toning and retouching were a bit beyond me.  I think the
lure of almost instant gratification was a bit too much for me!
You're in nice position though with the DMR.   The pull of a digital M
must be lessened somewhat!

All the best

Mark Pope,
Swindon, Wilts