Subject: [Leica] Landscape: Colour or b/w
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 02:48:19 -0500

> Alastair  if you can't decide if your work is better in black and white or
> color then good luck putting together a book. The black and white shot
> looks
> washed out. The color shot looks rich and worth it.

> Mark William Rabiner

The book will be be the equivalent of a photoalbum, not aiming much
higher. Colour is so easy in digital now that you can change colour
balance so easily, that the role of b/w is perhaps becoming less
important. I like the use of b/w sometimes to isolate form over motion,
but if the image is washed out then colour it should be.

Cheers

Alastair