Subject: [Leica] 6bit coding
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 20:17:30 +0000

Hi Frank,
it is not the depth of field which is important for the focussing register,
but the focussing travel. The importance of mount precision gets greater
with wide angle lenses, not less, since a given axial error is a bigger
proportion of the focus travel.
I am sure someone on the list has the data but IIRC the axial focus travel
for a given change in distance is proportional to the focal length, so a
21mm is about 2.5 times -more- sensitive to an axial error than a 50mm lens.
cheers,
FD

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] 6bit coding)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] 6bit coding)