Subject: [Leica] M8/9 Battery Help! -DAS
From: dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 11:47:21 -0500

Ok... I can't get any of my batteries (Leica or aftermarket) to charge at
all.

On the Delkin dual, I get red lights on both wells.  On my M8 charger, I get
an orange light, but an hour will go by with a charge that (if it even
happened) is not detectable to the camera.  Since I have both types of
batteries and both types of chargers, I have already controlled for the most
obvious variables.

Ideas?  Is it possible that the batteries have fallen below some charge
threshold in a month of storage?  If so, how do I bring them up/down to
charge?  The camera doesn't see any of them - except two charged aftermarket
batteries that will be dead at the end of today's festivities.  I'm not on
any intended investment path with digital M, so I would be most interested
in a solution that keeps what I have working in working order.

Thanks!
Dante

Dante Stella
http://www.dantestella.com