Subject: [Leica] Leica (Canon) non linear metering - Nikon not the same
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 04:22:12 +0800

> Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:56:49 -0600
> From: James Laird <digiratidoc at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon non-linear metering
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> I wonder if the Nikons have a similar problem. I'm waiting right now
> for a Leitax adapter for one of my R lenses. I think I'll run some
> tests when it gets here. Anyone have similar experiences with their
> D700 and Leica glass?
>
> Jim Laird

Hi Jim,
You will be pleased to know, I think, that Nikons do not have this problem.
If you close a lens by one F stop the shutter speed adjusts by one increment
in a linear fashion. Also, focus confirmation works up to f5.6 with the D700
without
the need to chip the lenses. I have used leitax bayoneted Leica R lenses from
19mm, 28mm, 90mm, 100mm, 180mm, up to 400mm and they all work the same way.
My 21 - 35 zoom is on its way to me now and I expect it will behave as
others.
Howard

Replies: Reply from digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird) ([Leica] Leica (Canon) non linear metering - Nikon not the same)