Subject: [Leica] IMGs: visual thinking
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 17:23:09 +0100

The main problem with voting in the US when you live abroad is that you have
to conduct the procedure through the county where you last lived in the
US--in my case Mercer County, NJ. When I last voted, in 2004, I had to
request a ballot by fax, then they sent it to me by post and I had to mail
it back to them. In this day and age this is simply absurd. If they are
unwilling or unable to provide voting online, at a minimum it should be
possible to vote at a US Consulate--that is what most other countries do. I
would happily drive to Valencia (the nearest US Consulate for me), around
175 km, to exercise my civic duty.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman