Subject: [Leica] Comparison M9, R9
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 13:00:03 -0500

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
wrote:

>  I think someone would take these two image from this example
> and carefully match them so they would be in all respects identical and
> that
> would take less then four minutes tops.

Nope.  I tried.  I'd be glad to send the raw files to anybody and let them
try, too.

> I'm still assuming an M9 with its full frame sensor can shoot rings around
> DMR in most circumstances which would be of course more extenuating. As in
> maybe iso 400 and maybe not high noon on a roof.

I'll get around to trying that but right now I'm working at high noon on a
roof ;-)

> I don't think Leica all of a sudden got stupid when it picked out the
> sensor
> and its back up mechanisms for the Leica M9.

No, but Leica said all along that such a thing as a full-frame digital
rangefinder was impossible.  They made some compensations and compromises
and came up with the M9.  True, it has less compromises than any other
digital rangefinder ;-)  but it's not perfect.  Close as we have though.

Tina

> --
Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com