Subject: [Leica] Rangefinder error on M9
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 22:51:40 +1030

I have tested it.  There is absolutely visible focus shift, but not as
Howard describes in the middle image distances.  It occurs at you stop
down between close focus and 3-4 m; past that the depth of field is
sufficient to mask it.  It is the chief disadvantage of the 90 AA; on
digital in particular the stopped down close focus performance really
suffers and you can clearly see why Leica started making lenses with
floating elements.  And as always, if the camera and lens are properly
adjusted, the effect is minimised.

Marty