Subject: [Leica] Public Domain
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 20:21:07 -0700

Kyle Cassidy On The LUG offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Public Domain

> But hold dr Ted, we are conversing on the internet and many wonderful
> things have happened both grand and small because of it. Take heart. It's
> the message, not the medium. Good things will continue, children will
> discover poetry and photography and art on the Internet<<<<<<

Kyle without question you are quite correct.
I have had the extreme good fortune to meet and greet many very wonderful
human beings face to face, yourself included, that I otherwise would never
have had the extreme good fortune to do so, because of the internet. It's
been a wealth of learning beyond my and many others wildest imagination. No
problem with the system, it's how it has become a curse because it's gone
beyond the usefulness it can be! Or is going in that direction. People
twisting the truth in so many directions its almost impossible to know what
the truth is.

Or the "bastards" who lure young girls and boys into life threatening
situations and worse.... they do murder them in horrible fashion!

Study after study pointing out the loss of face to face communication
between people, in particular young folks who have become addicted to
texting beyond any level of common sense. How news events can be so twisted
due to people with no more brains than two marbles in a rock pile who
disagree with you or I. Then turn the story into some kind of death threat
situation.

It happens! It has happened! Young ones have been so harassed on Youtube or
whatever system, driven to commit suicide due to the hand communication
devices carried by so many with the messages they transmit. I also realize
it's the messsage and not the electronic device.

However, without the electronic system we wouldn't be talking as we are, you
on the East coast of North America and I on the west coast many thousands of
miles apart. In it's correct use it's absolutely amazing and I love it!

It's not just a couple of people in conversation, but to the world! Nothing
is sacred even though truthful to start with. Yet become completely twisted
due to some witless minded person who can read what we say and it can become
mis-information the devil himself wouldn't be able to stop nor get it back
to the truth.

Not sure how this aspect of communications can be "controlled?" If it should
be? I'd prefer not, as in "free speach." must be free.

I think this is one of those subjects best discussed about a round table,
beer and a bunch of friends.. Talking to each other by voice!

cheers,
ted.

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] Public Domain)
Message from leicaslacker at gmail.com (Kyle Cassidy On The LUG) ([Leica] Public Domain)