Subject: [Leica] HALLOWEEN GRAVE YARD. :-)
From: lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:39:46 +0100

Hi Ted,

Really fun scenes, of course, very well captured.

In our Country Halloween is not an own tradition as it is in America
or Canada. Here the tradition is called "La Casta?ada" (from
casta?as=cestnuts),  eat chetsnuts, sweet potatoes and some special
cakes, different on every Spanish region and some sweet wine, in
Catalonia named "Moscatel". On the streets of almost all the cities
are the women making with fire chestnuts (Casta?as in Spanish), on the
last years some young people do this too to have some money...

I have some pictures of these sellers called here "Casta?eras", but at
this moment it would be an enourmous work to find them on my
negatives..., one day I'll show it.

You can have an idea on this Google link of images:

http://www.google.es/images?q=fotos+casta?eras+blanco+y+negro&hl=es&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=iv&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1011&bih=1006

Have a nice Halloween and nice Casta?ada!

Cheers
Lluis

El 31/10/2010, a las 22:08, <tedgrant at shaw.ca> <tedgrant at shaw.ca>
escribi?: