Subject: [Leica] OT: RAID Question
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 12:01:56 -0700 (PDT)

I'm hoping some of the more tech savvy folks can help me out here. I'd like
upgrade my Drobo from 4x1TB drives to 4x1.5TB drives. If I pull all my
drives at
once, if anything happens to the new 4x1.5TB drive setup, I can put the
4x1TB
drives back in. That will put me back to where I was before I upgraded. I
could
keep the 4 old drives offsite too, which would help.

But then I would need to temporarily store the data on the current setup
somewhere, which is a bit over 2TB. I don't have anywhere to put this data
temporarily. If I switch the drives 1 at a time, then I can't save the 4 old
drives as a backup; they'll reconfigure where the data is stored each time I
add
a new 1.5TB drive.

Do I have this right or am I missing something...
Thanks,
Bob
 Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA