Subject: [Leica] How clean is my sensor?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 18:24:29 +0200

Hi Lluis,

when cleaning the sensors of my 2 Canon DSLRs, I often
find they are only really clean after 2 to 3 cleans.

My cleaning sequence is:

1. Blow air across the sensor with a rubber-bulb blower
with the camera pointing downwards
2. A couple of passes with an Arctic Butterfly Brush
3. First pass with a swab with V-Dust Plus liquid
4. Check shot

If not OK, repeat steps 3 and 4 with a new swab

If still not OK, repeat steps 3 and 4 with a new swab
and Smear Away liquid - this is good for stubborn, oily
stains

Hope this helps,

Douglas