Subject: [Leica] M6 TTL .85
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (jon.stanton at comcast.net)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 18:24:57 +0000 (UTC)

I've relisted and revised my eBay listing 190460536698

The M6 previously sold over eBay for $1600 when the buyer reported view
finder issues and the camera was returned. Apparently I pampered and or
neglected the camera too much as I have discovered from talking to a top
Westcoast Leica dealer and Eli Kurland's studio where I purchased the
camera... "The viewfinder lever unless actively used can dry up and become
intermittent or freeze" I probably ran no more than a dozen rolls of film
through the M6 so this is most likely the case. I asked Eli's person if
"exercising" the lever - flipping it every so often would eventually
activate the lubrication? He didn't have an answer other than to say that it
was an easy fix that would cost about $125...
I've dropped the listing price from $1600 to $1300 and in addition to the SF
20 flash unit have added the Hove book by Richard Hunecke on the M6 TTL.

The camera still performs spectacularly ....I only used the 35mm lens and
paid no attention to the viewfinder.

Any questions will be gladly answered..

Jon