Subject: [Leica] Help with OT Gear, u4/3 for video
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 02:12:38 -0700

I have been thinking about getting my wife a micro 4/3 camera for a while,
but since her G7 still kicks around, I haven't done it yet since I don't
want to spend money until necessary.

Well, it looks like we may have an opportunity to take video (in addition of
me taking photos) of a rare event on Sat.

So I can either rent a video dSLR for the weekend, or just get one of the
micro 4/3 boxes. I heard good things about both Panasonic GF-1 and the Pen
EP-2 or the ELP-1.

Any recommendations? The video does not need to be movie quality, but it's
an inside hall with flood spotlight, so it's normally shooting at ISO 1200
F2.8 at 1/40th type of thing. It will definitely need external microphone.

The good news is that there is no pressure for me to get a great video, but
if I do, it will make me very very happy.

Thanks.

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
replies in your msgs. ]