Subject: [Leica] IMG: Safari pictures confession
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 01:51:41 -0400

Of course you have guessed that I took those wonderful safari  photos in the
wilds of Central Florida at the Disney World Animal Kingdom. All of which
proves that you don't have to travel to Africa to get pictures of giraffes.
We were coerced into accompanying one set of our children and grandchildren
on a family vacation. It was enjoyable but reinforced the feeling that
Disney World is no place for children under the age of five. Also, if you
go, wear comfortable shoes and bring money.

We first visited Disney World in 1974 when we trailed our sailboat to
Florida to sail in the Keys. At that time only the Magic Kingdom theme park
had been built. Our children were 1 and 6 years old. We used our boat as a
camper and slept in it in Disney's RV park. The follies of youth. Now my
wife and I opt for soft mattresses and hot showers. This picture, taken on
this trip, is just how we remembered the Magic Kingdom Main Street.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Main+Street.JPG.html

Now the Disney empire covers half of Florida with half a dozen different
theme parks for all tastes. Here I am with the owner.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Larry+and+Mickey.JPG.html

Finally, season's greetings.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Happy+Halloween+.JPG.html

Larry Z