Subject: [Leica] The Ansonia full frame
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 01:44:57 -0400

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/101023_222311.jpg.html

I shot this a few hours ago at 10:30 at night @ iso 6400 an 8th of a second
f 3.5 with the 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 IF-ED AF-S
I'm getting better quality new at iso 6400 then I did with a 1.5 crop at iso
1600.
Wow!

The The Ansonia sits there humming. From the ghosts of all the opera singers
who died there I hear. You can go bowling in the hallways. The year it
opened it had a farm on the roof. Commissioned 1899.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ansonia

Its seven blocks from me I pass it everyday day or night and tend to click a
few every time I do. I'm sure I have a thousand clicks of the thing by now
in all kinds of conditions.

It's on 73rd and Broadway.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography