Subject: [Leica] [IMG] The Joy of Skype
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:15:16 -0700

George Lottermoseroffered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] [IMG] The Joy of Skype

> and now you've lost her to the machine
> 'til she's about 22 yrs old<<<

 Ladies and gentlemen may I offer another thought. :-)

Your children and especially your grand children, live 4000 miles away,
maybe in another country? So it's impossible to see them live-time and the
thrill of holding them on your lap or just giving your adult son or daughter
a great big hug!

At least what skype does, it allows us to enjoy the sound of  their laughter
and voices, the smiles on their faces. Telling you how wonderful school was
and or the many "real life adventures" they just had. E-mail with  a few
transmitted still photos doesn't do that!

I will admit at times one sheds tears after the hang-up. But I'd rather shed
a bucket full of tears to hear the laughter and their voices and see their
smiling faces!  This is one part of the electronic world of communication
that is a huge blessing for families who are true families caring about
their off spring.

Even with your adult children you get to see them and do they look alright?
Are they eating properly and not loosing weight, you know how we always have
concerns about our children and they us of course.

This Skype thing is one of the best electronic innovations of all time!

cheers,
Dr.ted

Message from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] [IMG] The Joy of Skype)