Subject: [Leica] Quiet, unobtrusive and invisible? Not this guy...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 08:06:27 -0400

When you've got a film crew behind you you're just a guy with a little
camera with a funny little flash on a string in front of them. Nobody's
worried about you they're much more aware of the film guy..
When a motion picture camera is going video or film all bets are off nothing
is normal. The foot print motion picture photography has on any scene is
huge compared to a measly still camera guy. It adds excitement and hyper
reality to any situation. But mainly leaves the still guys in the shadow.
This can work to our advantage. They are much more nervous about the guy
with the whirling bigger camera.

The flash on the cord thing is a deceptively powerful way of shooting.
Though not really the most low key. The shots of course do not have that
flat look that over the lens on camera flash does have. And can pass for a
non flash result. At an effective 20,000th  of a second at f11. Prefocusing
or zone focusing rather on everything and not having to bother looking
through the viewfinder. Or rangefinder. The shots can be very effective.
This guy is a little though weird.

Mark William Rabiner Photography
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb
mark at rabinergroup.com