Subject: [Leica] Pentax 645
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 10:53:48 +1030

The images out of the Pentax 645 I sampled were shockingly good.  Area
really helps, whether you're using film or a digital sensor.  Of
course where your own personal needs and quality limits lie will vary
and there are other consideration.  I doubt I could be fast enough
with an MF camera to take most of the photos that I shoot.  Tina said
it best: http://leica-users.org/v18/msg05890.html

"I do use Leicas because they are quiet, unobtrusive, mechanical, and
reliable.  The excellent glass is a bonus for which I am very
grateful, but I will not put the camera on a
tripod, use slow film, and stop the lens down to maximize the quality
of the lens if I lose the photograph in the process."

And you can add "fast" to "quiet, unobtrusive, mechanical, and
reliable" by way of a very simple control set and, up until the M8,
amazingly short shutter lag.

Marty