Subject: [Leica] "Best" R-Series Lens
From: msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad)
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 19:49:28 -0700

and frank you should not commit to R, it is a system of the past, dead. (it
is like buying wordstar, still works!! but...)  many new exciting systems r
out there, take a look @ the sony nex, etc. R only lives here. even through
i am an r shooter, i can not recommend it. hell u can't even buy the battery
for dmr any more .

that said the r system had a very nice set of lenses

180/2.8 apo (already mentioned)
100/2.98 macro
28-90
35-70/2.8
50 1.4 (latest version)
21-35
15/2.8
90/2.0 apo

all of which i still have, when i met with the leica folks @ pma two yrs
ago, i asked them a point blank question about the r system, the answer was
hold on, it is coming. leica then sold off the remaining r stock on ebay via
a third party. mounting the lenses on canon or going to the extra expense of
converting to mounts to nikon just does not work for me. it is a half ass
solution

ps

sold off the following
180/2
280/4
70-180
complete tele modular system (280,400,560,800)