Subject: [Leica] a little OT: classical music/technology new and old
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 20:17:59 -0500

  Following Sonny's posting of his son's performance - we got this
really cool gadget, the Sony Air Cast.  It is a usb wi-fi device that
plugs into your PC.  The receiving unit(s) can be anywhere in the house,
in our case by the Denon compact stereo in the kitchen.  Looking at
Sonny's post of the concert, there are 98 performances of the Beethoven
Emperor piano concerto on classicalarchives.com.  It is $6 per month and
you can build your own play lists.  We are now playing Brendel's
performance of the Emperor, especially since we got to hear him play it
live.  Then at the Cavalier show today we were looking at images on the
iPads.  I'm going to order a new printer anyway, though who knows what
the future (or the past) holds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8HroH1Leio
(thx to Bob Baron)

Ken