Subject: [Leica] "R" lenses on digital bodies
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 11:25:08 -0500

"good to great"
Again: hyperbole.

Existing, in use options like:
Leitax N to R,
other C to R adapters,
and
4/3 or micro 4/3 to R
are "adequate" at best
(from a professional use perspective
wherein I've actually tried it extensively).

In all cases using lenses
designed for each of the system cameras
will perform with more ease,
consistent results, and reliability
than their R glass adaptations.

The one exception may be the 100 Apo Macro in macro use.
Simply because of the fussy nature of macro photography
and the superb performance of that particular lens.
But even here you'll wish you had an auto diaphragm more often than not;
because you want the depth of field at 8 - 22
and need to focus at 2.8;
that's reality from actual experience.

Regards,
George Lottermoser