Subject: [Leica] Irish Mastiff at medieval Festival at The Cloisters last weekend
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 02:28:35 -0400

Why iso 1600 on a sunny day?
Well you don't know its a sunny day yet. I'll post more shots tomorrow it
was a gold mine event. Iso 1600 the camera gave me because it was on the
floor of a tent in a deep shadow. A dark dog in a deep shadow.
I' doing grab shots in a crowded situation with a 18.0-55.0 mm f/3.5-5.6
lens and I don't want to go lower than 125th of a second. That's my main
parameter with my auto iso setting. I'm shooting at P.
I'm shooting it looks like for this shot about wide open and I'm glad it had
iso 1600 to go to as I'd be getting blur without it at lower shudder speeds.
1/125 s at f/4.5 and be there.
I do a lot of shots at 1600
Out of 202 shots at this event 85 of them were at 1600.
109 of them fell to iso 200 which is the minimal.
I'm in the sunlight for those no doubt
And ten shots were done between those ISO's from  iso 280 to iso 1400.
Pleased as punch as to the way this breaks down.
Its like I'm in the figure and I'm getting it the way I always dreamed it
could be done.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com