Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Beauty and its beholders
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 07:32:40 +1000

I follow what Kyle has said there yet it could also be said that a landscape
or human face was also someone else's work that you have pointed your camera
at.
I do think that George has made involving photographs that are much more
than a record of the sculpture though. As a sculpture this doesn't actually
particularly appeal to me but the colours, shapes, tones, compositional
elements tones and the peoples' interaction do. So I guess that means that
George was entirely successful.
Extending the thought a little further, personally I happily shoot buildings
or objects of interest when travelling as they ARE part of the environment
and can help tell the story as well as sharing the experience of the locale
with others.
Just some thoughts
Cheers
Geoff