Subject: [Leica] Child Auto Safety in 1941
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 20:39:14 -0400

We used to have a Woodie type station wagon.  We built a platform
across the back and put a mattress on it for the kids.  We drove all
over the Southeast, traveling at night, with the kids asleep in the
back.  Later we had a Volkswagen van that we did the same thing with.
We had four kids sleeping on a mattress as we traveled at night.  Now
we are too old to drive all night (both of us fall asleep by 10
o'clock), but it was a great way to travel at the time!  Once the kids
woke up and started demanding food and bathrooms, we stopped for the
day.  Nobody had ever heard of seat belts or car seats in those days.
How things have changed!! (But I never would have dreamed of feeding
my kids Similac, either, so where is the danger greatest?)

Tina