Subject: [Leica] Salgado S2 now DR contrast
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:22:14 -0400

Thanks Montie.  I agree that the DR's and rigid
50's (i've never used one of those but I think
they are the same formula) are wonderful for
B&W...probably color as well but I wouldn't know
about that.  The DR is pretty much my favorite
lens.  This is based on my particular narrow
frame of triX in D23.   I'm not sure if TriX is
considered a wide latitude film, however I use it
because I know I can shoot out on the beach at
noon and then later during a candle light dinner
and still have decent images all around.  I
suppose that is some kind of wide lattitude.

Chris

At 01:28 PM 9/23/2010, you wrote:
>They look fine on my screen!  Just superb B&W,
>Chris.  I'm a long time DR fan, the signature is
>very distinct!!  Here's a 30 year old DR shot
>I've posted here before a few times, wider
>latitude films sing really loud with it.  Thanks
>for posting yours!
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/montoid/Haywood2.jpg.html
>Montie >>all look very harsh on my screen -
>could be the screen - yet the skin  texture in
>the young lady and kid is what I would
>definitely avoid to  get on young subjects. I'm
>not Salgado after all :-) Ph Le 23 sept. 10
>?  18:41, Chris Saganich a ??crit : > > > Yea,
>contrast is a light thing.  I keep proper hoods
>on always and  > it helps.  Here are some
>examples of DR images of varying contrast  > the
>only difference being the light and exposure as
>I use the same  > film and processing. > > >
>http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/street_pages_2010/bs026.htm
> > >
>http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/street_pages_2010/bs029.htm
> > >
>http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/Family%20Album/Friends%20Family%20Pages/FF%20284.htm
>

>http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/Family%20Album/Friends%20Family%20Pages/FF%20274.htm
>
> > > Similar era Elmarit 50mm/2.8 > >
>http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/Family%20Album/Friends%20Family%20Pages/FF%20298.htm
>

>http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/Family%20Album/Friends%20Family%20Pages/FF%20297.htm

Chris Saganich MS, CPH
Senior Physicist, Office of Health Physics
New York Presbyterian Hospital
chs2018 at med.cornell.edu
http://intranet.med.cornell.edu/research/health_phys/
Ph. 212.746.6964