Subject: [Leica] The world's SMALLEST 35mm lens ever for M... Not!
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:06:26 +0200

  Right, the thicker ones are drop scones or griddle
scones in Yorkshire English,( or Scotch pancakes or
girdle pancakes) - and you don't have to eat them on a
Tuesday :-)

The griddle or girdle is a thick, round, cast iron
plate with a bow handle that can either be set on a hob
or hung over a fire

Make them with yeast, and they turn into pikelets (West
Midlands and Yorkshire) - often sold ready-made under
the name of crumpets.

In the Potteries area (Staffordshire), they make a
pancake from oats - oatcakes - that are served with
almost anything from jam to baked beans and curry. When
I lived in Hanley, and later Longton, in the early
seventies, they were almost as popular as fish and
chips, and no one had ever even heard of Kebabs.

http://www.staffordshireoatcakes.com/

Cheers
Douglas