Subject: [Leica] The world's SMALLEST 35mm lens ever for M...
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:51:15 +0100

I find it technically interesting, as an engineer. The triplet is a very
pure lens, its down-side is that it requires extreme precision of
manufacture in order to achieve the extreme design potential. That is
probably why we see so few nowadays, or the lens is used in a cheap form
probably with substantial sample variation.
The lens in the post is very much smaller (and slower) than the Summarit,
and for me a perfectly valid exercise for an enthusiast who thinks there may
be 200 eccentrics who will use the lens ;-)
About 400 billion times more interesting (to me) than the M9 titanium
styling exercise anyway.
FD