Subject: [Leica] The world's SMALLEST 35mm lens ever for M... Not!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 05:42:16 -0400

There are pancakes and there are thin pancakes.
The thin pancakes are crapes and the list mentioned.

A typical photo lens called a pancake is about 3/4's of an inch thick.
http://www.jessops.com/ce-images/PRODUCT/PRODUCT_ENLARGED/ASAMSLE205155090.j
pg
Or
http://tinyurl.com/2b65he7

This pancake we just saw seemed to thin to even grab. 1/4 inch. Must have
used more eggs and milk and less flour.
hence me calling them cr?pes. Or those other things. Which comes from a list
of synonyms for crepes. Which are thin pancakes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cr?pe
" A cr?pe (English pronunciation: /?kre?p/, French: [k??p]; Breton:
krampouezhenn) is a type of very thin pancake, usually made from wheat
flour."

" An early example is the (Zeiss) Tessar of 1902. The design has seen a
resurgence due to the growth of the mirrorless interchangeable lens digital
camera (so-called EVIL camera) market, notably the Micro Four Thirds system.

In the 1960s and 1970s the Nikon GN (Guide number) lens was a notable
example, while in the 1970s and 1980s pancake lenses were used in compact
single lens reflex (SLR) cameras.[1]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancake_lens

Mark William Rabiner
Photography