Subject: [Leica] New "Low End" Hassy
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 06:07:06 -0700

Leica raised the prices of new glass, and the used, followed suit.......

V series lenses are still really cheap and falling....

I am not sure that with V series lenses you get all the benefits of auto
aperture, etc.... I must check on that.....

The cocking of the internal lenses on the C and CF line is manual....
AF is indicator-driven .. the lens does not change focus unless you do it
manually
Not so sure the lens stops down automatically.... or opens to full aperture
when focusing....

No comments on the use of F series lenses.....which have no internal
shutters, and would actually be easier to use because of it...

A bit like using R lenses on a N or C camera.....  not my cuppa....

Back to dreaming of a low cost digital back for my ..... 500CM......

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net