Subject: [Leica] I love(d) Kodachrome!!
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:23:16 -0700

Hi Luggers,

God - how I love Kodachrome. I am going through my slides from the
1960's, scanning some, and throwing away a bunch.
This will save my children doing it when we're gone.

Here I am in April 1967 in Gibraltar on spring break from the LSE -
"monkey see, monkey do".

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Kodachrome/H_GibralterApeApril67W.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/23e4lzx

In those days Spain had blockaded Gibraltar and there was no car
traffic between Lalinea on the Spanish side and Gibraltar.
I liked the juxtaposition of the International Success sign and the
barbed wire.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Kodachrome/SuccessAdApr67W.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/28rdn5g

I wonder if we will be able to so easily access our digital images in
43 years and whether they will have stood the test of time as well as
kodachrome.

My Extachrome and especially the few Agfa slides I have have not stood
the test of time well at all. That makes them easier to throw away.

Talking about equipment used - I don't remember the camera - I think
it may have been a Yashica Electro 35 with a 45mm f1.7 lens.
Couldn't afford Leica then.

Cheers
Howard (still on Pender)

Replies: Reply from charcot at comcast.net (charcot) ([Leica] I love(d) Kodachrome!!)