Subject: [Leica] Format output obviousness
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 14:01:58 +0100

OTOH you could also say that if you are photographing in good light and
never plan to make prints bigger than 13x19 then you do not need to be in
complete despair at an inability to afford a Phase One MF digital system.
;-)
Frank D.

On 15 Sep, 2010, at 13:40, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> And there's a reason that in the gallery Doug has his prints in none of his
> prints are going to be up against a G10; with its 9.5 mm diagonal which
> means that's the normal lens. And that reason is you'd have to be a
> towering
> idiot to use a camera with a format that small for serious land scapes or
> nature photography. The prints next to it of larger formats will blow it
> away. Make it look like ridicules amateur hour. And I don't care what
> Michael Reichmann says. His job would-be be apparently to level the
> landscape so he's got more to test and articles to write not offending any
> particular manufacture.
>
> --------------------
> Mark William Rabiner
> Photography
> mark at rabinergroup.com
>

>> From: Doug Herr <wildlightphoto at earthlink.net>
>> Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 05:07:32 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
>> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>> Subject: Re: [Leica] Format output obviousness
>>
>> Richard Man wrote:
>>
>>> You tell that to Michael Reichmann:
>>>
>>> "At one point I found myself looking at raw files on-screen and not being
>>> sure if I was looking at Hasselblad P45+ files or Canon G10 files. That
>>> includes at 100% onscreen enlargements."
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>> Over a two day period I invited photographers and local industry
>>> professionals to come to my print studio and look at a series of 13X19"
>>> prints from an *Epson 3800* printer made on *Ilford Gold Fiber Silk*
>>> paper
>>> which were then hung side by side on my floor-standing print viewing box.
>>> This collection of seven people included experienced photographers,
>>> people
>>> from the commercial print industry, and other trade professionals.