Subject: [Leica] New Picture Place --- ZONE SYSTEM? ;-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 20:08:32 -0700

Ken Carney offered in answer to my :

Subject: Re: [Leica] New Picture Place --- ZONE SYSTEM? ;-)

>  Here is Jim Brick's explanation:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/pdml at pdml.net/msg68136.html

Hi Jim & Ken,
WOW!! That must be the simplest straight forward explanation of the ZONE
system I've ever seen!:-)
I think I could cope with those conditions.

Even under war, riot, storm, desert or monsoon conditions! :-)

However the zone system coming from the Great - one of ...... "ROCKS, FERNS
AND NONE BREATHING THINGS!" I never considered it of any importance to the
world of photography I was involved in.... and still don't consider it of
much importance.

However? I do appreciate the directions as explained because sometime in my
final 20 years or so on planet Earth, I may find I'll need them. Therefore
thank you very much! :-)
cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] New Picture Place --- ZONE SYSTEM? ;-))