Subject: [Leica] EBay Paypal sting - off topic
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 14:38:38 -0700

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 07:52:05 +0200
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu>
Subject: Re: [Leica] EBay Paypal sting - off topic
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Howard. I do exactly as you
suggest--one the rare occasion that I sell something and get paid via
Paypal, I always immediately take the money out. Mostly, I use Paypal
to pay for stuff I buy from North American sellers who want this
payment method. Within EU it is much easier (and cheaper) to use bank
transfer.

As for Hotmail, I would go quite as far. I know many people who use
this service--no worse than Yahoo or Gmail. They include a local
lawyer, my ex-Spanish teacher, and my daughter.

Cheers,
Nathan

Hi Nathan,
I have received quite a bit of advice off list suggesting to clear out
my paypal account with every deposit. I'm going to do that from now on
and set up a separate bank account which can also be emptied of Paypal
deposits. That way there can't be any call back from the account if it
is nearly empty. About hotmail - you are right, I may be over reacting
(my youngest daughter and her friends are all users) but I need all
the clues I can find about my buyers. Certainly the fun of doing
business on Ebay is gone. ;-(
Cheers
Howard